Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The Proposal!!!!

He proposed and let me tell you, he did a wonderful job! We were supposed to wake up on monday morning and go and paint our new apartment. I woke up way way late because I have been sick so I wake up all night coughing. It is actually pretty lame. Anyway when I woke up, Beau was in the living room playing with the rubix cube and I said "alright babe lets go paint our apartment." Well he had other plans in mind. He really wanted to go rock climbing. I have to admit I wanted to also but I wanted to paint our apartment more than climb rocks. Of course, I am a sucker when it comes to Beau and so he won. He got everything ready and we went to ninth street to climb. He climbed up to hook up the ropes and then repelled back down. He asked if I wanted to climb first and I did because I wanted figure out the climb by myself this time instead of him showing me. So I began to climb. Look at the picture above and see how buff my leg looks! hahhaha Well I got almost to the top and then I was so weak I didn't want to go anymore so I begged him to let me down. He would not do it. I seriously just hung there for a couple of minutes, giving me enough strength to reach the top.
On top I found our little book. While Beau was in Pennsylvania I bought him a book called "I love you because" It is this book that is full of well over 200 things and you just put a little check by the things you love about the other person. The things are random stuff like "I love your ability to negotiate a sticky situation" and so fourth. I was excited because he had filled it out in a different color pen for me! So he lowered me down and I still wasn't sure what was going on. I'm slow. Anyway, he took a picture of me with the book and then bent down to put the camera away. While he was down there he grabbed the ring box and I didn't see it until he kissed me, told me he was proud I made it to the top and all this other mushy stuff (I will spare the details :D) and then he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him! Of course I said yes, how could I not. I then told him that I hope he didn't want to climb because I was too tired to belay him :D hahha what a good girlfriend I am right. The second thing I said was "it's paid off right?" And it is. What a good fiance I have. I love him so so so so much and I can't wait to marry him. The ring is BEAUTIFUL!! Seriously pictures do not do justice. I love it.



3 comments:

jess said...

whoot wooo!!!!! i can't wait to meet this boy...i mean your fiance!

Annie said...

So I was checking out Jessie's blog and I saw something about Amanda in gu gu love. Aparently it's true! How exciting! Congrats! (btw this is Jessie's cousin Annie in case there's any confusion :)

Jamie said...

Congratulations! The ring is beautiful. Can't wait to see you guys.