Friday, August 3, 2007

Dress Success!! OH and I miss Beau :)

I have had a great couple of days. It's amazing how sometimes blessings just come pouring in if you are doing what is right. I have been so happy since the day I got up here to Ogden. I mean, bad things have happened (like my wreck) but I have been able to stay happy and be calm during it all. My friend Cassie and her sweet baby boy were in Spanish Fork yesterday so I went to pick them up. I had decided that since we get married in 62 days I should probably find a dress. We went to Provo and found a little shop called "Bridal Center". I thought, because it looked pretty ghetto on the outside, that it wouldn't be a successful place. Cassie drug me inside and said "you don't know until you get in there." Well she was right. The first dress I saw and tried on was it! The minute I put it on I knew that I loved it so much it was perfect. We thought that it would be a good idea to look a little bit more so we kept going and I couldn't find anything that even came close to how beautiful that one was. So that night I went to Kaysville and we went to reception for Chris's best friends daughter. Sounds confusing right? The reception was fun. They had a live band and a ton of food...it was a lot of work. The whole night I just kept thinking about how much I missed Beau and how excited I was that he was coming home so soon. I can't wait to marry him. Only 8 more days and he will be here again! Hooray! Finally. I have been trying so hard to be super supportive about everything but I just miss him so much that sometimes it was hard. But now, he gets to come back so everything will be okay. Anyway, I stayed the night with them and then in the morning we went shopping at a bridal shop in Ogden. I found the EXACT dress there except for one size smaller, which is perfect, and the best part...it's Ivory and Cream! IT IS BEAUTIFUL!! Seriously, I put it on and almost began to cry. It is going to look so gorgeous next to Beau in all black and my bouquet with cream and red and black in it. Perfect!! SO, needless to say I am a happy person. I also got a phone call from Weber saying that they accepted my petition so I don't owe anything for summer tuition. I am just walking on air! I'm a happy girl. Alright this is all for now!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Yippee! I am so excited that you found a dress. I can't wait to see it. :D

2-Fold said...

Amanda that is so exciting. It seems like everything is falling into place. I will have to come see it. If you need any help with anything let me know.

Oh What A Night said...

Hi there ! Found your site and wanted to say best wishes..! We liked the look as well.. I am sooooo new to the blog scene but thought I might ask if you and/or your circle of friends are looking for a dress for a special occasion that may be coming up, we just opened a new store online and we're kinda small but we have some really nice BCBG, Marc Jacobs and other dresses. We also have several jackets and coats and will be growing by adding handbags and if we secure a direct supply, probably a nice shoe line. We are working on that and hope it comes together..It will be a name brand (shh.. cant really let it out yet but its BCBG). Check us out and let us know what you think.. We would love to hear from you and if you have any comments to make it better, please let us know. Its at www.ohwhatanightonline.com . We also have a blog at

http://ohwhatanightonline.blogspot.com/ Like I said, we are new and just looking to spread our name out there to some people that we hope may be willing to help us out with that..who knows, you might even find something you like..We really pick out things that I would like to wear to wow my hubby.. thanks again and take care.. Melissa..