Sunday, December 16, 2007

Temple Square







Beau decided that since we hadn't been out on a Friday night date in a month because I got sick, that we needed a saturday night date. Between my sickness and his accident we have been losing site of what is the most important thing in this world to us, which is us and our marriage.



We went down to the Salt Lake Temple to see the lights and remember how we felt about eachother the day so recently that we were sealed. The lights were magnificent as usual and we had so much fun just wandering around enjoying the evening. My two favorite parts were the nativity and the reflecting pool.



In the nativity scene that they put on we were able to just sit and listen to them talk about the true meaning of Christmas which is Christ the Lord. At the end of the "voice" reading in Luke, President Hinckley came on to speak. I just love our Prophet. His voice is so distinct and full of love every time he speaks. I cried, of course, but more it just brought everything in our lives back into perspective. I am so grateful for the opportunity that we had to go to the Temple and feel the spirit. I love my wonderful husband so much and I am proud of everything he has accomplished. Though we have had serious trial after trial, we will not give up.




3 comments:

Jamie said...

Thanks for sharing those beautiful pictures of the SLC Temple! Sounds like it was a fun night....nothing like going to the temple, even just being on the temple grounds, to put things back into perspective.

2-Fold said...

You guys got some beautiful pictures. What a fun night for you two.

Anonymous said...

It is so much fun to go to Temple Square. I love to see the Christus. It really puts you in the Christmas mood.