Sunday, December 25, 2011

So this is Christmas.

For Christmas this year we went to Moab. Traveling with four girls was a challenge but, we made it safely. My mom had put us in a condo for the weekend, which was so nice! There was a huge kitchen and a hot tub. I was in heaven. That first night I got to see my best friend for the first time since we both had our babies! Unfortunately I didn't get to meet her new Amelia but, she did get to hold Evie. It is so amazing to look back at all we have gone through together and then see where we are now. Having someone who knows me better than anyone else is such a blessing. She keeps me very grounded. I didn't take nearly enough pictures of the weekend so this may be a boring post :)
On Christmas Eve Beau and I made a big roast dinner for my fam (those who were around) and then Nat's kids came over and we decorated cookies for Santa, played scattegories, laughed too loud, ate too much food, tracked Santa, and stayed up way too late. It was fantastic. Playing Scattegories with my family is a dangerous venture. We are strict about the rules and very competitive. It's weird, the only games I take seriously are word games.
Anyway, the next morning we woke up and got ready then went over to my sisters house to open presents. Because of how late Gracie stayed up (10:30pm) and how early she woke up (4:30am) she was not super excited about opening presents. It took a good 30 minutes before she would open anything. Finally, she got the hang of it but Christmas wasn't totally complete for her until dad wheeled out her big present from "Santa" A Cozy Coupe car. Her face lit up and she was so excited. She is in LOVE with her "bike" and threw a melt down fit when we had to load it in the car to come home. We ended up driving home on Christmas, both girls slept almost the entire way, and then we got home early enough to eat dinner and put the babies to bed on time. It was so wonderful. We had such a great weekend and I am so glad we were able to be there.








2 comments:

Mechel said...

She is so cute in her coupe!

Lacie said...

She's darling! I wish I could come see you. Hope youre doing well.