Saturday, March 28, 2009

Four Score and Seven Years....

The vast battlefield of Gettysburg. It was so amazing to see! This isn't even a quarter of it.
This was not such a brilliant idea on our part. We climbed up this little castle and realized that we had 6 kids running near the edge. I think Jamie and I both almost had heart attacks.
None of the other kids would stand next to this guy...I don't blame them he kind of freaked me out too!

After Gettysburg, we returned home and played Dr.Mario all night until we were too tired to keep our eyes open. The next day was our last day with Gary and Mel so we had a YUMMY taco bar (have I mentioned that Jamie is the best cook?) and then the kids played while we played games. Mel made DELICIOUS cookies that I proceeded to eat my way through. It was so hard because Jamie would say "ok just one more" so then Mel would say "this is my last one" and then peer pressure I had to eat! :D It was great to play hand and foot. We slaughtered the boys which is always a fun thing :D At about midnight the boys went to bed(the big boys-the little boys were up forever!) and Jamie, Mel, and I stayed up until 2:00 in the morning talking! It was so worth it but that next day, man, we were feeling it. Thanks for the great chat girls!!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Yay for pictures in Gettysburg, especially with the Confederate re-enactor. So cool!
Those cookies were very, very good. Too good. Is that what I really look like in those jeans? Man, I need to lay off the cookies and start running again. 'Baby got back". YIKES!