Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentines Day



I love my husband...I know it, He knows it, shoot I believe everyone knows it. I don't need a holiday to express that love because I try to tell him and show him every day. However, it is fun to have a holiday where we can make traditions, be together, and focus only on each other the entire day. Every year since I can remember my mother made us pink heart shaped pancakes for breakfast on Valentines Day. Once February would hit I would get so anxious for those pink pancakes. It was a way that my mom showed us how much she loved us and a way for us to get in the Valentines spirit. When I moved out of the house I started making them Valentines morning for myself/roomates/janece/anyone who wanted to come over. It was a tradition I felt that was important to keep alive. This is the 3rd year I have been able to make breakfast for my darling husband and lets just say, he likes the tradition too. Happy Valentines Day everyone!

3 comments:

jess said...

i feel cheated i never got such pancakes

Kurt and Jasmine said...

I love the pink heart pancakes! I also made them for my fam! I love those little traditions!

Mechel said...

Traditions are the glue that holds us all together. The pink heart pancakes are great! Has Beau ever made you a smiley pancake?

We love you guys!