Sunday, March 30, 2008

Adventures of South Dakota!

I'm HOME! Finally! I feel like my life this week has been full of running around non-stop and driving non-stop. It's really nice to be home. I missed Beau more than I thought I could. It was really fun seeing my sister and her wonderful family though. I missed them so much! Well we left monday morning really early and drove the entire way there. It was really nice weather so we didn't have any problems with the drive. The only real issue was that we were driving to Sioux Falls which is on the other side of South Dakota. So pretty much we drove clear across Wyoming and South Dakota. Lots of fun! :D When we got there it was really late and the kids were in bed but my two sisters and I just stayed up laughing until 2:00am when Joplin my brother in law got home. My nephew Simon, who is 6, happened to wake up in the middle of the night and was so suprised to see us when he woke up that he came gave me the biggest bear hug I've ever gotten. It was so wonderful. I miss my kids.











So the next day was spent packing and packing and more packing. We were trying to hurry so that we could beat the storm. We packed and visited with my dad and step mom and then packed some more. It was an eventful day. Wednesday was also a packing day. My step mom, two sisters and I decided to have a girls lunch so we could chat. It was fun. We laughed and ate a really good lunch then went back to pack. That night we went to my dad and mom's house in a little town about fifteen miles away from Nat's house. The kids all went to bed and we went down to my mom's bar to play darts because my brother in law was working down there. It was fun to hang out with my sisters. We haven't had a bonding time like that in forever. I won darts by the way :D. In the middle of our third dart game the power went out. And I mean the entire town went out. It was so scary! There was a big blizzard outside and it was pitch black. We decided that it was probably time to go home so we did and I fell right asleep. We were exhausted. In the morning we went back to the farm and decided that it was time to go. We wanted to beat this storm that was supposed to be coming. We didn't get to leave until Thursday afternoon but the drive was fine so we were excited and we thought we had actually beat the storm. Wyoming had another plan for us. We drove in a white out very scary blowing snow blizzard until we reached Gillette Wyoming. OH I forgot to say that my sister Natalie had sent my nephew Simon with me because he was crying so hard when I tried to leave. My sister Marisa decided that we would stay in Gillette because of the storm. I was so upset and wanted to go home but I really needed to sleep. I hadn't actually slept in the entire four nights I was gone. We left Friday morning early and made it home in the afternoon. I was so happy. I drove the entire way and I'm still catching up on my sleep. Thank goodness for naps and a good cuddle partner to keep me warm. I am very glad that my sister and her adorable children are closer again and that I was able to go help her.



3 comments:

Jamie said...

That first comment is a VIRUS! Do not click on it...I had one of those before. You need to go into your settings, click on the comments tab, and delete it permanently. I also suggest getting the word verification for your comments in order to block unwanted comment spam like these.

Jamie said...

OK, now for my REAL comment!
I'm happy that you were able to help your sister's family and see your nephews! We are also so happy that you got home safely. Andy and I have driven through Wyoming in the winter a couple times and there is ALWAYS a storm there! We literally almost died once. It was a miracle we didn't slide off of the bridge. So scary, so I am so glad you stopped for the night. love ya!

2-Fold said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun together. The only thing missing was Beau! We are glad you made it back safe, love ya