Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Moab Fun!

Well for Beau's birthday I took him to Moab for a fun filled three days! It has been quite the adventure. It is so gorgeous down here so we had a blast being outside. Sunday when we arrived we just hung out with my sister and her kids because it was pretty late. Monday I took a benedryl in the morning and if anyone knows me and benedryl one pill and I am out for the entire day. It is actually pretty pathetic but we still got to be outside and drive around arches. Tuesday was the big day to get some fun stuff in. We both were feeling great so we went to delicate arch to go hike. There really is no way you can even measure hiking up that long hike and walking around the corner to see the beautiful arch. No picture compares. Beau loved it! We walked down to the arch and then went on a little expedition to the mountain on the other side of the arch. It was beautiful!




After playing at delicate arch for a while we went over to the windows and did some climbing around in those. By this time we had to go because I promised my nephew and neices that we would take them somewhere. So we rushed home and picked them up then took them swimming at the condos. They had so much fun! I did too. I miss being able to swim almost all year round. The kids were laughing because Beau would chase them around. It was just a perfect way to end a long day of hiking.




That night we went to my parents house and had a little party for Beau. I forgot to take pictures but thats ok. My grandma made Beau a cake and he got to open up his cards and presents. I got him the best present of all. He was so excited. I got him the Garmin running watch that Jens and Andy have. He loves it. We took it hiking and mapped out where we had been and where we were going. All in all it was a very sucessful birthday trip. I am sad to have to leave but we are just going to be on our way for another adventure. CALIFORNIA HERE WE COME!

4 comments:

2-Fold said...

I am so jealous you got to go swimming. The pictures at the arch turned out beautiful.

Jamie said...

Sounds like a fun couple days and that the celebration for Beau's bday is going to be all week long. How fun! The pics at arches are beautiful. sigh.... I miss Utah. =D
Good luck on your CA adventure. I'm so sad we're going to miss you guys this summer. Please keep the updates coming while you are away, k?

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures at Arches. I'd love to go out where Beau was sitting, but I'm afraid I was lucky to get as far as I did.

I'm glad you're having a great birthday week. I hope we have a good time tonight. I went to wrap your present and it's disappeared! I'm not sure who or where it could be. Anyway.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BEAU!

We love you,
mom & dad Gibbs

Jamie said...

So....what are the updates in CA, besides the Geo being buried in an unmarked grave? Please tell me you're not going to buy another car until you get back home!
I hope you are doing well and that the Geo dying is the only BIG news that comes out of CA.
Good luck! (and I mean that!)
miss you guys...