Monday, November 5, 2012

"falling" into gear!

So I tend to find that around November 1st I forget all the goals I had made for the year, put on my sweat pants, and eat my way into the new year.  I sleep as much as I can and every little thing makes me snap. I hate the cold so I wrap myself in robes and blankets while dragging myself around the house, half pretending that someone else will come take care of my responsibilities and if I just close my eyes and go back to sleep, everything will be different when I wake up....pathetic??  Totally.  Not this year! I am DETERMINED to continue my healthy weight loss, energy building, mom transformation.  I have gone through 5 days of the "routine" and frankly, I'm tired of it! I want to have a successful fall/winter and I want my girls to have one too. SO...I will try and blog at least once a week about my adventures....it's a lofty goal but, we'll see.

 To begin with, I have decided to start weekly meal plans.  Many of you are rolling your eyes at me saying "duh, we've been doing that for years" but, I haven't.  Beau and I used to plan our meals together when we were first married but, it changed when we started having kids so, I'm back on track.  Not only am I planning dinner but also planning good, healthy lunches a week in advance for Gracie.  I feel like if I give her too many options she always chooses bagel and cheese or turkey sandwich and my baby girl needs more nutrition than that! So, I've got her breakfast, lunch, and dinner planned for the week and I am grocery shopping today.  I feel much more accomplished about this.

 Secondly- Beau has always been in charge of our finances.  It was some advice we got when we were married and have tried to live by it...frankly, it's not working! So, I am taking back control of our budget and finances.  I believe he would be much more aware and in control if he wasn't so busy.  Oh well, we tried it, it didn't work, so I am stepping up to the plate. Does anyone have any tried and true budget techniques I need???

 Third- I am really pumping up my photography business but, I need help with word of mouth/advertising ideas??? Anyone?? Anyone??

 Fourth- I am determined to make friends in our new place.  I think that I have made myself known (mostly by force) to the people in our ward so I'm hoping some good solid frienships will form and I will have some great ladies nights/couples nights ahead.  I feel like it's healthy and good to get out (or in) a couple nights a week with other adults to share interests and time.  I spend all my time with two beautiful girls but, my conversations are limited to baby dolls and gibberish.  While I love my blessings, I need some people my own age to converse with...even if we just talk about baby dolls and gibberish. 

 Fifth- Temple day! I plan on going once a month...twice a month if I can go with Beau.  I get to go on Tuesday with my fab sister Stacie and I can't wait.  I love girl time and I love the temple!

 Sixth- Get back to the basics of my interests.  That sounds weird when I type it out but, what it means to me is that I plan on exploring the things I grew up loving!!  For example: pilates, reading, theater (performing/directing), singing, hiking, eating healthy, laughing, scrap booking, blogging, etc...you get the idea.  To help with this, I have been asked to help a wonderful lady in our ward, who happens to be the theater teacher at Central Davis Junior High, to coach a couple of her actors for the play Bye Bye Birdie! So SO SO SO SO excited! I start tomorrow and I am beyond excited.  I was in Bye Bye Birdie and I LOVED it so I can't wait to do that.  And, I'm singing in church on the 11th of December.  That is exciting too.  Oh, and I joined a book club.  Ya, I'm on a roll

 Seventh- Find ways to discipline my super fun two (almost three) year old without yelling and that are effective.  I am tried EVERYTHING...and by everything I mean every form of discipline that is humane and possible.  She just doesn't care.  ANY IDEAS???? I am at my wits end so I'll take any suggestions that AREN'T: spank (she could care less), Stand in the corner (ya right...she didn't even make it to the corner), go to your room (she LOVES that one...), sit in your time out chair...(she will stand next to it and slowly move away), and any other typical technique. 

 Eighth- cut out the drama.  If you want to start something with me....find someone else to bother.  I have simplified my life and don't need it.  But, if you want to bring love and kindness...my door is always open.  Part of this is letting go of the past.  That is the hardest thing for me but, I'm learning to just let it go an move on.  People have done/ said some horrible things to me and I have been harboring awful feelings about them but I realized that it was just hurting myself so, I'm letting it go.

 Ninth- I have had a deep desire to help those around me that are struggling.  Send a note, a book, some chocolate, etc....Watch your mailboxes people, I am in a giving mood. And I have found it's ok to be happy- I am dead set on being happy and allowing others to be happy too.

 tenth- have a fun adventure with Beau at LEAST once a month....We will go somewhere or do something new at least once a month...This month: Crystal Hot Springs...never been, always wanted to go!

I feel rejuvinated! Thanks for letting me spread my goals out on hypothetical paper. I feel like I am ready to fight back the fall/winter lazy blues.  Love you all soooo much! And, because I know you aren't reading this for me, here is a picture of my babes: Aren't they incredible?




1 comment:

Jamie said...

Amanda, I must say that I love you! I love your goal setting and having the whole 'return and report' to your blog readers is a great idea.
Have you heard of the Food Nanny? She has a great menu plan. I do it (when I have time and actually plan the menu. lol!)
I balance the checkbook, and all that fun stuff, but Andy and I do our finances together. Just works better than way. There is a good budget worksheet on provident living.org
Wish we could hang out and go to book club together and go to the temple with you and Stacie. I haven't been in over a year, I'm ashamed to say. You are so lucky the temple is so close!
Hooray for Bye Bye Birdie! I'm so happy for you to get back into your favorites things.
Andy and I listened to the BEST parenting seminar by James Jones. I have a copy. I will see if I can get it to you.
Can't wait to see you guys in January!!!