Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas time is here...


Beau's amazing artwork for Christmas

Our little home all lit up for Christmas
 As we prepared for the Christmas holiday we realized that we had packed our schedules super full.  We were going to go to Moab for the beginning of the week to help my mom move out of her house and then we would be back in Ogden for Christmas Eve, and finally back to Logan for Christmas Day.The night before we left we had a house full of people over to eat turkey and celebrate the holidays.  It was so wonderful.  We love our friend here in Logan and are blessed to have them all in our lives. 

We headed down to Moab after spending two days battling a stomach bug, and arrived on Sunday night.  We were blessed enough to stay with my best friends mom and let me tell you, going there is like going to my second home.  I love her parents so much and I love their home.  I honestly consider her a second mother to me and being at her house always makes me happy.  I also get to see my best friend who lives in Moab so it's definitely a win win situation.  Our time in Moab was a whirlwind but, a wonderful one.  It was very bittersweet helping pack up my childhood home.  I stood in the kitchen imagining all the times I had friends over to cook with me.  I looked in my bedroom and remembered summer nights when I would leave my window wide open to let in the desert breeze.  Dates, parties, girl night out's, family dinners, etc...it was hard to let go. But, change in inevitable right?  I guess you can't hold on forever.  We had the opportunity to see my friend Cassie and her wonderful family and that was such a blessing.  I miss her and her listening ear soooo much.  I can't wait to go back and see her again. It was also great to spend quality time with my wonderful family.  We miss them.  Gracie had a wonderful time with her girl cousins.  Emily was thrilled to have Beau there, in fact, she made him play barbies with her stating "but you have to be a girl because I don't have any boy barbies" heheh.  Eventually though, we had to say goodbye and return back to Ogden.  It was hard to leave and we are already planning when we can go back.

1 comment:

Ash said...

I read this and remembered the time you, me and Kimbrey watched The Others in your basement and the window was a bit open and kept terrifying us. I'm pretty sure we all ended up on the same couch after not too long. Then Kimbrey and I had to walk to the car in the middle of the night, which might have been the scariest part! haha