Monday, November 29, 2010

Heart Broken

Lacie Jo with newly born Gracie Leigh and Me.
I have a wonderful friend named Lacie Jo Robinson.  She is one of those people that is nice to everyone.  She radiates love, kindness, service, charity, beauty, and perseverance.  Ever since the first time I met her in the old 27th ward we have been great friends.  We were in the same classes and so we got to sit by each other and become close.  Lacie is the type of person you aspire to be like.  She is truly an amazing person.  Lacie and I graduated together and traveled to Disney Land together.  We are like soul sisters.  We were meant to be friends. 

When I found out I was pregnant I struggled a lot.  Lacie was one of the first people we told and she supported me through it all.  I had a lot of opposition, especially amongst family, about my pregnancy but I always had a shoulder to lean on with Lacie.  We always joke that I named Gracie after Lacie :) Gracie has loved Lace since the very beginning of her life. 

As I sit here and hold my beautiful little ten month old baby I can't help but choke back the tears.  My heart is just breaking.  This wonderful woman I have told you about has gone through more in her short 25 years than anyone I personally know.  She has not only had to bury one child, but two.  It breaks my heart to think of the pain and turmoil she has had to suffer.  I feel like Lacie deserves to be a mother more than any woman I know.  She is already to a mother to so many.  She takes care of everyone's children as if they were her own children.  It takes a special woman to do that. 

I don't know what the Lord has planned for Lace.  Sometimes, when I pray for her, I just wonder why someone would have to go through all of this.  She must be being prepared for something miraculous.  She already is miraculous.  What I do know is that her angel babies are waiting for her.  They were born on this earth perfect and they returned to Heavenly Father just as perfect.  They were more righteous that this world was prepared for.  They didn't need to be tested because they were elect spirits of God.  So why must it hurt so bad?  I wish I would take some of the pain away for Lacie.  She doesn't deserve the heartache and trials.  So all I can do is pray and ask that you all pray too.  Pray for Lacie and Tayce.  They are two of the most gentle, kindhearted people you would ever meet in your life.  Know that if asked, they would do the same for you.

So today I will complain a little less that my daughter is teething and crying all day, and I will sit with her on the floor and hold her a little closer knowing that I am very lucky to get to be a mother.  And I will say another prayer for Lacie, Tayce, and little Alice who returned home to be with our Heavenly Father and her brother so they can wait together for their momma and poppa to come to Heaven and be with them for eternity. 

7 comments:

Jamie said...

That is such a sad story. I'm so sorry for her and her family :( Many prayers and thoughts going their way.

Alyssa said...

There are things every day that make me understand more and more just how blessed I am to be a mother. So much heartbreak in this world. I have a friend who has experienced a very similar trial, she and her husband also have two angel babies. After that, they decided to adopt to grow their family, but that road is often full of aches and pains too. Thank you for reminding me how blessed I am and how humble I should be because of it.

Mechel said...

My heart breaks for her. The Lord knew I wasn't strong enough to be a vessel for such a special spirit. Being such a special woman, she'll be there for those babies to raise them in the eternities.

All our prayers for comfort go out to her and her husband.

Tamara said...

What a heart ache! this is so sad, but like you said she is being prepared for something great. We never know what others walking beside us are going through. She is lucky to have you as her friend too.

Jen Carter said...

It really is amazing how different people handle trials like this isn't it? It can totally break someone or they can be so strong like your friend is. She must be amazing. Thoughts and prayers.

deb sorensen said...

wow. I have no idea what to say, except that I will pray for that little family.

Lacie said...

What a lucky girl I am to have you as a friend Amanda. Thank you for this post and for thinking so highly of me. I don't know if I deserve such amazing words and all your amazing family and friends are such angels in our lives also. The prayers and the thoughts help us through the days and knowing we have friends like you make it easier. Thank you a million times over and know that I do love you and your family and so do my angels babies. Love you and have a great day.