Sunday, October 11, 2009

Cedar City Baby Shower

I had the best baby shower yesterday for my friends in Cedar City. Beau and I have been so blessed by the people that we have met and the bonds we have formed with great people while living in Cedar. Janece planned all the fun and Lacie brought all the yummy yummy food. We played lots of games and just laughed a lot. Janece had two games that I have not seen played before and they were fun. One, which was not so much fun as embarrassing, was the yarn game. You take a piece of yarn and guess how big round the pregnant person is. Then, you measure the pregnant person around and compare everyone's yarn to the one that had been wrapped around you. It was hysterical. The other game I really enjoyed was a questionnaire that Janece had come up with and people had to answer the questions about me and my pregnancy and then compare them to my answers. That was fun for me to.
Janece made me a guest book/advice book/memory book/ scrapbook and everyone signed it will good stories about what their moms did for them when they were little. It was so nice to see girls that I don't get to see very often now that we aren't in the same ward anymore. Baby Gracie got lots of cute things and I got GREAT advice from some new mothers. It was such a wonderful time. Thanks everyone for coming and being a part of my life :)




These are two diaper cakes that Janece made. My theme was "sweet pea"
so she made these adorable peas in a pod! She is the best.

t
The measuring game...

Ignore that look on my face. This is Janece measuring me!


Some of my fun, fabulous guests!


While the girls were inside playing games, opening presents, and eating delicious food Beau went outside to paint our windows for Halloween. It is something that he did last year and wanted to do this year. He does SUCH an amazing job with the painting that I hope he does it every year.

3 comments:

jess said...

I demand more belly shots of you. Not all of your friends can just come to cedar all of the time!

Mechel said...

What was some of the things Gracie got? I hope we do as well here in Ogden. Remember, I'm not an entertainer.

Nice windows! Good job, Beau!

Jamie said...

What a fun shower! I love the sweet pea theme. :) You look great, Amanda! And Beau, those windows are amazing! You have been hiding your light under a bushel! You never cease to amaze me with your talents!