Monday, August 3, 2009

Gracie Leigh Gibbs



We went in today for our ultra-sound. I was really nervous for some reason. I think it was more excitement but I am not sure. We waited for a while and then they took us back and started the measurements. The baby looked great! Everything is right on track and we have nothing to worry about. The baby's heartbeat was very strong and very loud so that was comforting. Finally they started trying to see what it was. Seriously the baby would not stop moving it was hysterical. They finally got the first shot and there was a little white thing. She turned to me and said "well this could be a boy but I am not convinced because that doesn't look like what it's supposed to look like." I didn't feel like it was a boy even seeing the ultra-sound so she moved the baby around and took about 6 more pictures. Every single one clearly showed that we have a little girl coming our way. The first picture she took that looked like a little something there was actually the umbilical chord or her fingers because she kept putting her hands down there trying to be shy. So we are having a little girl. I have felt like I have known that all along but didn't want to say anything out loud and now I can! HOORAY! I am just grateful that the baby is healthy and she looks beautiful. We are so happy.

9 comments:

Natalie said...

Congratuations!! That is super exciting and I just love the name Gracie! :)

Mechel said...

We could not be more excited!

Love you guys.

Jamie said...

Yay! I can't wait to meet my little niece. :)

Jill, Kenny, Aiden and Capri said...

Congratulations Amanda, I'm so happy for you guys!

jess said...

YEAH!!! I can't wait to be auntie jessie to Gracie. I love the name!

ibelaura said...

Congratulations! gracie is an adorable name =)

2-Fold said...

Congrats! We are excited for you guys.

Daryl and Ali Peterson said...

Yeah! We are so happy for you guys. Congrats! We love you so much!

Tamara said...

What a darling name, I love it. It is great to know that your little darling is already modest. Girls are fun, fun, fun.