Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Suprise!

So....as you can tell things have been pretty interesting in our lives. Beau and I decided that life never stops throwing us curve balls but we have learned to go with the flow. Last Saturday, the day before mothers day, I had been feeling really sick and REALLY tired. I slept almost the entire day and when I would wake up I was still exhausted. We could not figure out what the heck was going on and I was not about to take a pregnancy test. Sunday morning, mothers day, I woke up and threw up. I was so sick still. I thought I had food poisoning so I just stayed in bed and Beau went to church. When he came home he said "Amanda I have a feeling you need to take a test." I was not about to get out of bed to do something I did not want to do so we decided to wait until Monday. Monday afternoon after work Beau and I went to the dollar store to get a test. I decided that a dollar store test would do the trick if I was really pregnant. Well, you obviously know the answer to that. Both Beau and I were totally shocked. The look on Beau's face was priceless when I came running out of the bathroom to show him.

A week later, after being sick and tired and sick some more, we went to our first doctors appointment. I thought that MAYBE I was a month a long but I did not thing it was possible that I could be more than that. The doctor did some tests and said "well, you are 8 1/2 weeks along...how did you not know you were pregnant and you are 8 1/2 weeks?" I don't know lady I was not expecting it!! Hello! So then she told us that our due date and I was more shocked...December 25th!! WHAT!! So...I guess we are not going anywhere for Christmas! Anyway we are really excited, shocked, happy, etc. We can't believe this and we are so grateful for this wonderful blessing in our lives. I just want everyone in the family to know that even though I am fat and pregnant I will still stand and smile in the family picture in July :D.

4 comments:

Becca Summerhays said...

Wow a Christmas baby! That will be fun. I think it's funny you didn't know until 8 1/2 weeks along. You must have been busy with school or something. =D Hopefully the morning sickness only lasts a little while. That is no fun, trust me! Good luck with the pregnancy!

Matt & Emily said...

That is awesome! Carter was born on Christmas. we're excited for you guys

Mindee said...

Congratulations Miss Amanda!! You'll be a great MOM!

Mechel said...

You'll be beautiful for the family photos. Do you know how many family photos we have with a little one in hiding?

This baby will be the best Christmas present you'll ever receive. Zach was mine.

Love you guys.