Sunday, October 26, 2008

1/2 marathon weekend

Sorry it has taken me forever to post this stuff. I have been somewhat busy. So last weekend we went with Jens and Tiffany to Moab so Beau could run the half marathon with them. I was going to but...didn't. Anyway. We stayed in town at this cute little rental house that my momma hooked us up with. It was a lot of fun getting to spend time with them. I hope they didn't feel like I was ditching them when I would go off with my crazy family!! Sorry guys! Anyway Beau trained a bit but really our summer and fall were too crazy to train. He was planning on going pretty easy and running the 1/2 in 2:30 but..he ended up running it in 1:58!! I was so proud of him. He didn't even push that hard. They had to shuttle you out to the race finish line from a certain spot because the river road was closed so, I didn't get to see him finish but, I did get to see Jens and Tiffany cross holding hands. It was the cutest thing. Go to their blog and she will hopefully post the picture I took as they were running. All my nieces and nephews wanted to go to the finish line to support Uncle Beau. Maggie and Simon even drew him pictures. It was so funny on the way up the river road Maggie kept saying "I can't see him, I can't see Beau." Until we got on the bus to shuttle up and we saw some runners so Emily, my two year old niece yells "I see Beau I see him" It was so adorable. They love bo bo.




1 comment:

Jamie said...

Beau, what is that pose?
I miss you guys! It looks like you had so much fun. Andy and I would love to come run that race sometime. We loved Moab.
Thanks for the updates!
Love you guys. :D