Thursday, November 27, 2014

Evie is 3!

For Evie's birthday this year we were in Park City with my family celebrating Thanksgiving. It is kind of crazy having a birthday on a holiday but, we made it work. She wanted a care bear cake and since I have been really sick, we did the best we could with what we had. Beau went to the store that night and got her balloons to wake up to and then made balloon animals for everyone. Evie loved it. She is such an amazing kid.

My beautiful Evie had a great day. She doesn't love the attention as much as her sister does but, she did like being recognized all day.
When we figured out that I was pregnant with Evie we were pretty surprised.
Gracie was just a year old and I wasn't sure how I was going to handle two babies.
Gracie had been such a hard baby (cried for the first five months of her life basically non-stop) that I wasn't sure I could ever do it again.
Her pregnancy was really really rough. I was in the hospital four different times for dehydration and other problems. I was miserable.
And then she came. 
And when I looked at her, I felt the breath of life come back into me.
Her birth was pretty scary. Read that here.
But I have never felt the insta-love as much as I did when they finally handed me that baby.
We named her Evie. A name that didn't come to us until everyone had left the room, the hospital was quiet, and we were finally alone with our lady. 
Evie means life.
And that is exactly what Evie is. She is life. 
She is crazy, and sneaky, and funny, and fully of life. 
Just as with Gracie, I didn't know my heart could grow so large.
We love our Evie Ruth Gibbs.
I am so glad she is mine.

 


Thanksgiving was really fun and relaxing. We missed my sister Marisa but, it was fun to be with my whole family. We ate a ton of great food, went on some good walks, swam the weekend away, and just had an all around great time. The girls were so exhausted from our vacation they slept so well the whole next week! It was such a great time.





Sometimes, we just keep taking pictures. We are just missing Ris and Ry. 



My grandma, my crazy brother, and my mini me Maggie.
Sometimes when we get together, things get a little crazy.


This lady right here is my best friend. She is such an amazing example of strength, independence, and bravery. My grandma has been a vital part of my entire life. I don't think it has been more than a week where I haven't talked to her on the phone. I'm so happy she is close again so I can see her and so my little's can hang with their favorite lady.
 


No comments: