Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Labor Day Weekend!

For Labor Day weekend this year Beau's parents invited us to go to the cabin with them. Because of the glass incident we almost didn't go but, we ended up being able to! It was such a fun time. The girls did great and Beau and I were able to relax and have a great time.
  We got up there Friday night pretty late. We had to stop three times on the way up because Gracie kept having to go potty. I decided that she likes the idea of going potty different places than just her house because she will stop at every rest stop along the way if we'd let her.  Getting Gracie to bed that first night was a little rough because Grandma and Pappy were there so, it was probably around eleven thirty before we ever got her to calm down but, eventually she did and slept great.
  Saturday morning Gracie and I took Buster on a walk.  It was so funny.  Buster would run ahead of course and Gracie would chase after him yelling "BUSTER WAIT" I couldn't stop laughing. She is so dang cute. I needed to go into Kamas to mail off a package to a client that I forgot to mail the day before.  Jim and Mechel needed some things in town so, we all packed up and headed down to the "big" "city" of Kamas, UT.  After some trial and error, we found the post office and I was able to get important things mailed off then, we headed to the new family dollar there to get some last minute items we had forgotten. Gracie followed Grandma around the store picking up items until her arms were so full she kept dropping things. Grandma told her she would buy her a coloring book and ended up getting a complete Disney Princess tupperware set, a barbie doll, and a dora puzzle.  Lucky girl.   There was also this little carousel that you put a quarter in and you can ride on.  Usually those are a rip off but, Gracie wanted to ride it so bad and it WAS only a quarter so I let her.  That thing went around for four full songs! I was shocked.  I think by the last song the smile was wearing off her face and she was looking a little dizzy.  It was a great deal.
  After that I needed a pair of jeans because mine were way too big. I hadn't worn jeans since February and I have lost some weight so, my pants wouldn't stay up! We took a BEAUTIFUL drive into Heber and stopped at this thrift store to shop. It was kind of a crazy place. It was an old house converted into a thrift store and the hallways were really small.  Kind of bizarre but, served my purpose well.  We drove from there into Midway for Swiss days but, it was SO PACKED and we had Buster so we didn't stop.  It looked fun though and I think next year we will try to go.
  We got back to the cabin and ate lunch then...did something else. I'm not sure what hahaha. I think it was raining and we played games maybe?? OH! I remember, we hiked to the water tower. It was great! The weather was perfect and Evie even fell asleep which was nice. I love it up there so much. When we got back to the cabin Stacie and Zach were there. Zach helped Beau and Jim work on a stump they are trying to remove and I wandered around outside with the girlies.  It was raining so we went inside to get dinner ready. Dinner was a feast of beans, steak, potatoes, salad, and corn! So yummy. Food always tastes better at the cabin.  We got the girls to bed and then played cards with everyone. Stacie and I stayed up chatting and finally we all went to bed about midnight. It was a perfect day.
  Sunday was spent showering, playing games, going on walks, relaxing, and napping! After Zach and Stacie left we made a fire and roasted marshmallows. It was so fun! Gracie had her first and second and possible third smore' and ate an entire chocolate bar. I love the smell of a campfire. While we were roasting I heard a rustling in the trees next to the cabin. When we looked there was a baby moose coming down the ravine! He was so close. It was fun to watch him graze and what not. Being in nature is the best.
  On Monday we ate a quick breakfast, cleaned up, and headed home. It was an incredible weekend that we really needed. Now for picture overload! I didn't edit these so excuse the quality.






























 

2 comments:

Chris and Nicole! said...

Everything does taste better at a cabin, doesn't it?! And s'mores are a classic cabin treat! Your girls are adorable and I'm glad you guys were able to see a moose!

Laura said...

Looks like you had fun! Nature is the best and the kiddos can just run around!