Monday, January 10, 2011

so this is love...





I think I may have blinked too long, because this year has disappeared before my eyes.  Why must time move so quickly?  Look at that face.  She was only a couple of hours old.  My heart aches for that sweet face again. Time...ugh. However this is not a sad post, it is a happy one.  My beautiful queen is a year old.  ONE YEAR!  I can't believe it.  It seems only a short time ago I was holding her 8lb 6ounce body next to mine as she opened her eyes for her daddy for the first time.  We are so in love with her.  Sometimes Beau and I will get out of bed and go watch her sleep...we still can't believe she is ours.  She makes us laugh constantly. I really didn't think I was capable of this kind of love. To read her birth story click here

Gracie today you are one.  You are so precious to us.  Who knew the love you would bring to our home.  Here are a few things you love to do.

*Dance- doesn't matter where or when you will get your right arm swinging
*walk/run- especially in church you love to run up the isle during sacrament
*eat- you eat your food and then mommas food
*talk- you jabber all day long and love to say hi to everyone at the store
*play alone- you really like to do your own thing
* read stories- you bring me books and I read them to you constantly
*go on walks
*look for daddy- you will go to the back door and knock on it saying "da da"
*play with cousins
*climb on anything
*sing
*take a bath- daddy has taught you how to blow bubbles in the water and you think you are so cool- you are so cool
*make noise
*did I mention eat??

We love you so much and we are so glad you are ours.  Our lives wouldn't be complete without you here.  Happy birthday my sweet.  I hope you have a hundred more just like this one.


































5 comments:

Mechel said...

What joy you have brought to our lives. We love you Gracie Leigh!

Genene said...

Oh man! I love all the pictures! She's so adorable & she is so amazingly happy in all the shots. I'm sure she never cries either! ;-) They're all very cute but one of my faves is the tutu!! Ha!! She's adorable!! Good job on the blog Mandy!

Lacie said...

I can't believe it's been a year. Sorry I didn't call it's been rough around here, but not horrible, just crazy I guess. I am glad you had a good day with her. Tell her Happy Birthday when I see her next I'll have something for her, but I want to give it to her. :) Love you all and hope all is well.

Jamie said...

That little girl is personality plus! We love you, Gracie! Happy, Happy Birthday!

We Three Queens said...

What a sweet post. Don't blink again.. before you know it she'll be placing your grandchild in your arms. Happy Birthday, sweet Gracie.