Sunday, February 7, 2010

4 weeks old!





It has almost been a month can you believe it!! I surely can not! We are growing to love our little girl more and more every day. It is amazing!! These four weeks have been hard for me; to say the least. I got home after losing a lot of blood in delivery only to get a very bad UTI and I had to go on antibiotics. Well, as most women know, antibiotics can cause a yeast infection and I happened to get a bad case of Thrush. I don't know if most people know what that is but, when you nurse it feels like fire burning and stinging. It was horrible. Needless to say I had no postpartum depression but it hurt so bad to pee or nurse that I cried a lot. Plus, battling the UTI, no sleep, blood loss, being a new mother, and having students constantly knocking on my door, I haven't been very positive about this whole parenting thing. Let me tell you, we love being parents. I am beginning to feel so much better which makes the lack of sleep easier, much easier, to deal with! It seems as though if I was going to get one sickness/infection, I was going to get them all but luckily things are getting so much better. Gracie smiled at us, I mean really big huge smile for the first time today! She didn't sleep at all until 6:30am and so when she woke up two hours later, to stop us from being mad, she pulled out the most beautiful smile I have ever seen. And let me tell you, I wasn't mad at all. She is beautiful and perfect and I am so happy to have her here and to have the opportunity to be her mother.

5 comments:

Jamie said...

How can you resist a baby's smile? She is so cute! I just can't wait to hold her. :)

Tawna said...

I sympathize with the thrush...been there, done that. And yes, it's horrible! I think I'd choose going into labor again over having thrush. I hope you continue to feel better! Your daughter is absolutely beautiful! In a few more weeks, she'll develop a schedule and sleep regularily. Keep up the great work with your sweet little one!

Mechel said...

I'm so glad you are starting to feel better. I can't tell you how hard it was to leave you 2 weeks ago knowing how horrible you felt.

Gracie is beautiful. I love the picture of her on her pink and brown blanket. I can't wait to see her again and kiss her sweet little neck.

JT said...

I love the new picture, I can't believe how big she is getting and she has lost that newborn look. She is absolutely beautiful and I am glad to hear you are feeling better. Because everyone's happy when mammas happy. We love ya

David and Natalie Reheis said...

Oh my goodness. Rough 4 weeks. Hang in there though, it gets to be so so so much fun!!! Our little girl (14 months old) just barely started sleeping through the night. Ugh!