Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving

Our thanksgiving holiday this year was so wonderful. We decided that we would go to Moab to see my family since we haven't spent very much time with them this year. I hadn't been home for thanksgiving in four years so I was really excited to go. My mom makes the best yams in the world so I couldn't wait to eat all week. We left Tuesday night after Beau's class and made it there around 9:30. My wonderful sister Marisa got us a hotel room at the hotel she manages downtown. It was SO nice!! On Wednesday morning we woke up and helped Natalie take some family pictures of her and her kids. They turned out so cute and Beau and I got to take a couple of pregnancy pictures as well.
That night we had family game night which ended up being a blast. We laughed and laughed and played games with everyone which hasn't happened in a very long time. The rest of the week was filled with family fun. We had a pot luck at Nats on Thursday, Dinner at mom's on friday, Nine-oclock showing of New Moon with my sisters, Friday night, Motocross race for Beau and Simon, and a lot of other great stuff. It really was such a wonderful week. I am so grateful for my family and the opportunity we had to go spend time with them. As we were leaving Beau said "that is the most fun trip we have ever had in Moab" and I agree it really was. I was sad to leave my neices and nephews, my mom, my sisters, my brothers, and my grandma but hopefully I will get to see them all soon when our little love shows her beautiful self at the end of this month!

1 comment:

Jen Carter said...

How fun! I agree it's always hard to leave...especially the niece and nephews for me. I'm glad you had a good time...and i can't wait to see the pictures of your baby when she finally decides to make an appearance :)