Wednesday, January 14, 2009

life was great in 2008!

Ok so one of my most favorite friends named Karen Peterson and I make a CD each year since 2005 to reflect on the experiences we have had. It started with the Jive of 2005, Peace to the river love to the land, the bomb.com, and life is great in 2008. Life was great in 2008 and I would like to share with you some reasons why I thought life was great in 2008. I was reading on my friend Kimbrey's blog and then her sister Jill's blog and now I am stealing their ideas. I am allowed to though because I love them both dearly and so that makes it ok :)


What I did in 2008:
1. Survived Mononucleosis
2. Watched Beau go through hand therapy
3. Moved 3 times
4. Lived in the OC! California was great!
5. bought two new cars and sold two cars
6. Drove over 1000 miles to help my sister move
7. Celebrate my One Year Anniversary
8. Helped remodel a house
9. went to the beach
10. Got a dog
11. went river rafting
12. re-connected with old, wonderful friends
13. Made a whole slew of new, wonderful friends
14. had a murder mystery party
15. went to a haunted hospital for the first and probably last time!
16. took voice lessons
17. Got a Wii
18. Applied for Graduation
19. Built a snowman twice the height of myself
20. Played a lot of rock band (an entire summers worth :)
21. Went to WICKED the musical at the Pantageous Theater in LA
22. Went to six different temples- two out of state
23. Went to Lagoon- that was great
24. Loved Beau- something I plan to do every day of every year for eternity

Favorite Book of 2008:
- That would probably have to be

Favorite Movie of 2008:
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button-so good

Favorite Restaurant- In and Out in Costa Mesa (a staple for jessica and I after a hard session of rock band :), Chipolte' in Costa mesa (a staple for Beau and I before a hard days work), and Texas Road House

Favorite Hobby- I am sad to say that I didn't really focus on a any hobbies this year

Favorite CD- Wicked the Musical....loved it...still love it, OH and Life is Great in 2008! You gotta hear it and you will love it too

Favorite Food- we got a quesadilla maker for our wedding so this year we have eaten a TON of quesadilla's with beans and chesse...my favorite

Favorite Memory- This is a hard one....The one I am thinking about right now happened while we were in California. I went to work with Beau one day and it was one of our last days out in the area. I remember the weather was perfect and we were really slow so Beau and I got to spend the entire day just being together. It was wonderful. We wandered around stores, ate at random places, but mainly we laid in the grass at this huge park and just watched the day go by. It sounds silly but it was perfect.

Favorite Song- When all is said and done

Favorite TV show- Bones

Favorite Board Game- Ticket to Ride!! And Zarahemla

Favorite Time Waster- The Computer :)

Favorite Drink: I am a water drinker so I will say water...I don't really like anything else

Favorite Exercise- Pilates though Beau had me running a bunch this summer and I did find that breathing and running in Cali is WAY easier than breathing and running in Utah so that was enjoyable.

Worst Heart Stopping Moment- When I was watching the news and heard that there were shootings going on in Compton and Beau was in Compton and I couldn't get a hold of him...that freaked me out...

Worst Memory of 2008: Being sick, Workmans' Comp, and throwing up on the 405 freeway on my way back from work with a migrane...yeah that sucked

Favorite Quote: The only constant is change

4 comments:

2-Fold said...

What a fun post. I would not step foot in a haunted hospital, especially now that you wouldn't never go again, but I am speaking for myself, you could probably get Jens to go. I am glad I wasn't there for your worst memory, but when I read that I did feel sorry for you, and on the 405 of all places, lovely. :) Thanks for sharing. I just might have to do one, but my list wouldn't compare to yours.

Kimbrey-Daniel said...

Of course that makes it ok. Fun and interesting things you did in 2008, I enjoyed reading about them.

Mechel said...

I have a friend that writes 10 things she learned in that year. Kind of like David Letterman. They are hilarious!

This is a good idea. Reflection is always character building.

I love the fact that you spent an entire day with Beau and it was one of your best days. As long as you two can have fun together, it's good. I love spending time with Jim, even when it's doing nothing.

Love you guys.

Tana and Bronson said...

Amanda Leigh- I miss you! You sound like you are having loads of fun! We need to get together soon. I heard the song Crimson and Clover on the radio and started laugh/crying haha. Hey Jace Adams is getting married crazy huh! Call you soon. Love you