Saturday, November 15, 2008

thankfully thankfully thankful

I know I said I would do this every day but, I forgot that I am very busy so...yeah that is my excuse. I guess the point I am trying to make is that I am very thankful for everything in my life. Whether it be good or bad I think we learn from our blessings and our trials. So this November and December I challenge you all to not wake up in the morning and think "oh great another day" but wake up and before you put your feet on the ground to start another day, say five things you are thankful
for to yourself...or even out loud. See how much different your day goes if you start it off being thankful for another day of life than being stressed. Love you all!! I will try and keep posting my thankfulness but it probably won't happen every day. Here are my thankfuls for today:

1.Our printer is finally working! HOORAY!! It is so nice to be able to print, copy, scan, or fax anything that we want with no problems.

2. We get to be with both of our families this year for thanksgiving. I am seriously so dang excited to get to spend three whole days with each family. We love spending time with each other.

3. My down comforter...I don't know where I would be without the comfort of down

4. My little dog Abby...she is a beast but our lives wouldn't be the same without the little twerp.


5. modern technology: we were able to web cam with Jamie and Andy last night and though it took 2 hours to fix...it was so FUN! We miss you guys! It's an amazing thing technology...

6. the Temple: Beau and I had a spur of the moment decision to drive down to St. George and go to the temple...it was so amazing. We learned so much and got answers to some very thought about prayers. Thank Goodness!

7. My mother: She is crazy but she also loves with her whole heart...can't go wrong there. And, she gave me life and she has a beautiful soul and loves her kids. Plus she loves Beau and on the phone the other day she said to me "You and Beau were made for eachother" Now for those of you who know my mother that was a HUGE thing. I love you mama.

8. Beau's Mother: if ever I was going to pick a second mom she would be it every time! She is fun and sarcastic which makes it easy (for me because I am the same way) to relate to her and to laugh with her. I have decided that mother-in-laws deserve a special place in Heaven..that has got to be the hardest job ever. Plus she loves me like a daughter and that is just an amazing thing. And, she gave me my number ONE thing to always be thankful for...Beau.

9. Beaus Dad: No contest, he is probably the coolest and sweetest dad on the planet. He is fun to be around and always makes you laugh. He would for sure be my choice for second dad any day. He loves me like a daughter too and I have never questioned that.
10. My sisters. They are wonderful. I can see myself in them just as they see themselves in me. We learn from each other, we fight, we laugh, we love, we relate. It is a wonderful thing when your best friends are the ones you are related to. I am thankful for my old sisters and my new sisters. I love all of you Natalie, Marisa, Josie, Amber, Tiffany, Jamie, and Stacie.





I think I am caught up now! Love you everyone!!

7 comments:

Tawna said...

I really do think that you had the most beautiful wedding dress on the planet! Really, I love seeing it-and ofcourse you looked wonderful in it! Thanks for the thankful thoughts! They cheer me up!

Anonymous said...

YOU ARE SOO BEAUTIFUL LOVE YOU SO VERY MUCH BABE

Jamie said...

TRhat was such an awesome post. I love and miss you guys so much! seriously, thank goodness for webcams!

2-Fold said...

Amanda,
You are so sweet. You make my thankful posts look sad. Thanks for including me though. Love ya

Tana and Bronson said...

MANDA- Your wonderful I love to read your blog! I miss you lets get together soon.

jess said...

umm you forgot my name and photo

Tamara said...

I love reading your blog! I am so happy you can spend time with both sides of the family this year. Wish we could be there for the Gibbs side.
Love Aunt Tammy

PS Love your pictures!