Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Tornado Gracie

I am almost embarrassed to post these pictures but, if anyone knows me they know I like to keep my house clean.  I was always the one in the family that cleaned and organized our house when I was little.  Naturally I carried on that OCD trait into my marriage and we have always enjoyed a clean house.  However, my daughter doesn't believe in it.  She thinks I need to get over my OCD problem.  I appreciate her concern but her tactics are a little much for me.  This morning I woke up to a spotless house.  I had cleaned the night before when Gracie went to bed to surprise Beau for Valentines Day.  This afternoon after Gracie's morning nap I was in the kitchen getting ready to do the dishes when I heard a crash and then Gracie's little feet running across the floor.  Uh-oh.  I came into the living room and the following pictures are what I found.  Mind you, she accomplished all this within a 5-10 minute period.  I feel like I am in OCD boot camp.  Baptism by fire maybe?  




the little tornado    

6 comments:

Becca Summerhays said...

Oh Amanda...just you wait until you have 2 of them running around!! :) It honestly doesn't look that bad. haha...if I posted pictures of my kids' messes, someone might call social services on me!! :) LOL got to love it!!

Mechel said...

My Grandma Toone always said there is a difference in cluttered house (kids toys everywhere) and a dirty house. It's impossible to keep the toys picked up with children. Just enjoy you're little tornado. Before you know it, she'll be all grown up and you'll miss that tornado blowing through your house.

Alyssa said...

lol she is very talented! To be honest I let Noelle have whatever toys she wants out during the day (for the most part) but we make sure to get them all cleaned up at night to start fresh again the next day.

Jamie said...

Ditto what Mom said. I have had to learn to let go of toys, etc being on the floor. As long as it is vacuumed and the mop boards are clean, I have learned to deal with it!
But isn't it insane how FAST they can destroy a perfectly clean room? Most days I feel like I just follow the kid around and clean up messes. Wait until Gracie tries to pour herself a glass of juice!

Afton Peterson said...

I know how that is. Granted we are not the cleanest people in the first place but since having Caitlynn we try to keep it clean. The other day when I was at work Daniel said he worked at cleaning for a half and hour I came home and it didnt look any cleaner. Why? Because Caitlynn was following behind him and dragging out everything he would put away. Ive come to learn that things can never be cleaned with kids!

jess said...

love it!