Friday, January 29, 2010

Two weeks of pure love!

It is crazy to think that three weeks ago I was in labor with this little beauty. We have had quite the learning experience these past three weeks. The adjustment for all three of us has been wonderful and hard all at the same time! Gracie has such personality and attitude already! She is such a good eater and a great sleeper. She will go to bed around ten and she sleeps for at least 5-6 hours before she wakes up to eat again. I have changed my diet and that seems to have helped her belly aches. Gracie loves her daddy. In fact, the other day she cried for two hours straight and nothing I did would console her but, the second Beau walked in the door he took her and she literally passed right out. I don't think I have ever been so grateful and pissed off all at the same time! She is a daddy's girl all the way. Gracie doesn't like bath time but she LOVES showers! We could keep her in there all day and she probably wouldn't care she loves it. I think she will probably like baths more when she understands how to play with toys :) Gracie is really good at holding up her head (since birth she could do this) and she loves to lean over dads shoulder and look around the room. We are so blessed that she is a part of our lives. We are finally starting to get into some kind of routine so it makes it easier for me to get better. I found out the other day that I have a pretty bad infection so I am on lots of water and anti-biotics to help me fight it off but, I am on the mend. Being a parent is nothing I could have ever expected but, we got lucky with our little girl. Look how long her hair is!! It just keeps getting longer and longer. It must be my vitamins :)

HAHAH this is probably my favorite picture. That is the look she gives me all the time...




The other day Beau was changing her on his lap and he all of a sudden felt something warm...hahah She just wasn't quite done peeing yet :)







7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the last picture! However, are you sure it was Gracie and not Beau making up an excuse, ;) j/k.
Love you guys!
Stacie

Momma Mecham said...

Thanks for posting this! Love all of your updates.

Mechel said...

"Daddy's Little Girl!" I think she has Beau wrapped around her little finger.

She is precious..

jess said...

great photo recap! keep it up!

We Three Queens said...

Oh sure, blame it on Gracie. We all know Beau peed himself. That's another cool thing about being a parent, you can blame some things on your kids.... Like for instance, you fart and blame it on your first born. ☺ You have to do what works. I'm so glad to hear you are doing well with Gracie. She is darling.

Lacie said...

Love the post Amanda. You are a great mom. I miss you, I hope you are doing better. Talk to you soon. Love ya!

Zac and Brook Halford said...

Manda May! It is so cool to see that you are a mommy to such a beautiful baby girl. What are you up to now in Logan?